Aluminum Wheel Maintenance
Aluminum is a soft metal that responds quite well to polishing and has potential to shine like a chrome. Aluminum wheels have a tendency to oxidize with a high risk of damage from road debris and brake dust. Such brutal treatment makes the wheel susceptible to easy wear and tear. To prevent the wheel from getting oxidized, it is very important to get the aluminum wheel cleaned and polished. Polished aluminum wheels help in extending the lifespan of the wheel thereby increasing the efficiency and performance of the vehicle. Refurbishing helps in maintaining the shine of the wheels ensuring better efficiency.
Polished Wheels are Safer Wheels
- Polished wheels help with the early identification of cracks and weaknesses in the wheel.
- Well maintained wheels have a lower risk of on-road incidents and accidents.
- Removing rust and oxidization stops further deterioration of the wheel.
- Clean wheels ensure a more secure seal and fit of tires which reduces tire problems/incidents.
- Polishing wheels removes sharp edges that can damage tires or cause injuries to the driver/service technician.
- Polished and cleaned wheels allow for more accurate measuring of wear around the surface and edges which can help identify issues sooner and have worn wheels removed from service before they cause an incident.