We’re looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as an Enforcement and Transit Liaison Technician.
Vehicle Inspection Systems (VIS) is North America’s foremost specialist in providing the transportation industry high profit systems and maintenance equipment. VIS is a provider of “Service Automation” and “Best Practices” to fleet and customer pay service shops. All VIS products provide an exceptional ROI.
Our products include:
- VIS-Check, a patented performance-based brake tester and road simulator.
- VIS-Polish, a patented automated commercial aluminum rim polishing machine.
- The Squirrel, a safety device to prevent “wheel offs”.
- BrakeMate, a tool to save time and manpower when replacing brake rotors on heavy vehicles.
- VIS-Shine, a maintenance tool to shine commercial rims without taking them off the vehicle.
Our growth demands we look for more good people.
The Enforcement and Transit Liaison Technician position will focus on supporting and servicing our VIS-Check product line with an emphasis on our growing enforcement and transit markets. You will become an expert in all things VIS-Check and be a resource for others in the company. The position is also responsible for providing service and support to all VIS customers and products.
- Building lasting relationships with VIS customers
- Monitor customer productivity through continual customer contact
- Help to refine our current processes
- Travel at least 75% of the time throughout all of North America
- Providing VIS equipment operation and business system training.
- Providing technical services at customer locations.
- Provide technical support by telephone
- Collect critical customer data in person, on the phone, by email, or remotely, to analyze and interpret the data to identify trends in usage
- Knowledge of trucks, the truck service industry, and regulatory guidelines for trucks.
- Exceptional customer service skills and understanding of the service process.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to train others on the operation of VIS products.
- Ability to lead, mentor, and motivate customer staff to better utilize VIS products.
- A strong knowledge of computers and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to work unsupervised without getting distracted from job requirements.
- A strong and professional phone presence.
- Repair experience with electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Basic knowledge of motion control systems.
- Enjoys travel
- Highly personable
- A natural trainer.
- Technical knowledge.
- Autonomous, assertive, passionate
Who we are looking for:
An experienced truck industry service professional who has a strong technical background. We are interested in reading about what you have achieved and what you can offer our company, not just where you worked. Please include a one page presentation on “Why you are qualified for this position, and what benefits you can offer to VIS”.
- Health & Dental available with this position
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401k plan
- A competitive wage based on experience
- High growth company, with leading edge technologies and market position
See the VIS-Check in action as used by the Wyoming Highway Patrol:
Our preference is that the successful candidate for this Enforcement and Transit Liaison Technician position is based in and resides in Central Florida. Consideration will be given to the right candidate who does not reside in Central Florida and would work from their home office, assuming their location is central to the region with good access to a major airport to help control airfare costs.
All experience levels will be considered.
Please review our web site to learn more about VIS: www.vischeck.net